Since experimenting in Bargello embroidery and after trying out many types of threads, canvas and various size embroidery needles, I have found the following materials to be my favourite:
- Tapestry Thread - There are some great Tapestry Wool brands such as DMC, Appletons and Anchor. They all have a great colour choice and give a nice, full coverage of the tapestry canvas.
- Size 18 Tapestry needle - I have found this size needle works really well with the threads described above and also with the style of tapestry canvas I use.
- 10 Count Plastic Canvas - I absolutely love this! It is great for beginners, sews up quite quickly and I love how rigid it is so I can make 3D items such as bags.
- 12 Count Tapestry Canvas - I have found this size canvas to work best with the types of tapestry thread I use and is better for more fabric style projects such as cushions.
Other essential items that I find useful are:
- Embroidery scissors (for cutting the threads)
- Needle threader (for threading the embroidery needle)
And that is all you really need to get started.
Bargello-a-GoGo sells Bargello Embroidery Kits, which come with the necessary supplies to get you started in this groovy craft.
Check out my online shop and take a trip into the wonderful world of Bargello embroidery.....